Moroccan Chicken Stew
Add some exotic inspiration into your regular meal plan with this delicious Moroccan Chicken Stew. Perfect for the nights when you are looking for something cozy.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1” pieces
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup rasins
- 1 – 14 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Sauté chicken in oil with salt & pepper over medium heat (approx. 3 mins).
- Set sautéed chicken aside.
- Sauté onion & garlic in oil (approx. 4 mins).
- Add curry, cumin, cinnamon and cook another minute.
- Add squash, broth, tomatoes & rasins.
- Cover & simmer until squash is tender (approx.. 15 mins).
- Add quinoa and simmer covered another 15 mins until quinoa is tender.
- Add chicken back in and simmer uncovered until chicken is hot & cooked through (approx. 5 mins).
- Serve garnished with almonds.
This recipe takes a little time to make but is so worth it. The flavors and aromas make you feel as if you are a master chef!