Moroccan Chicken Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless boneless, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 red onion medium, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lb butternut squash peeled & diced
- 3 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup rasins
- 14 oz can of diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Sauté chicken in oil with salt & pepper over medium heat (approx. 3 mins).
- Set sautéed chicken aside.
- Sauté onion & garlic in oil (approx. 4 mins).
- Add curry, cumin, cinnamon and cook another minute.
- Add squash, broth, tomatoes & raisins.
- Cover & simmer until squash is tender (approx. 15 mins).
- Add quinoa and simmer covered another 15 mins until quinoa is tender.
- Add chicken back in and simmer uncovered until chicken is hot & cooked through (approx. 5 mins).
- Serve garnished with almonds.