Chicken Waldorf Salad
A flavourful, hearty, summer salad. Great as a full meal, not just as a side. It can be served on top of mixed greens for a low-carb version or in a wrap to carry you a bit further.
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast approximately 2 large breasts
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- ⅓ cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red apple diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans toasted if desired
- A few shakes of curry powder to taste
- ¼ cup dried cranberries optional
- Cook the chicken breasts – broil or barbeque.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, apple, celery, nuts and cranberries (optional).
- Stir to coat well.
- The flavours are more pronounced after sitting overnight.
If your taste buds are inclined to enjoy tart flavours, you can swap the red apple for Granny Smith or Macintosh other variant for a bit more pop.