Spring is a great time to start eating salads again. The weather is warmer so we don’t feel the same need to warm comfort foods. To make a nice spring salad try adding some of these natural detoxifiers:
- ½ cup hemp oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of sea salt
Choosing Your Salad Ingredients
Some good choices for natural detoxifiers include:
- Leafy greens including kale, bok choy, spinach, arugula and dandelion greens.
- Fresh herbs including parsley, basil, cilantro, rosemary and oregano.
- Garlic or ginger root
- Onions, leeks and chives
- Berries such as blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
Be creative and know that you are doing a good thing for your body. To the left, you will find ingredients for a simple salad dressing from Joyous Health.
- Chop all vegetables small.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake well.
- Mix dressing with the chopped vegetables.
This salad increases in flavor as it sits.
Share this Recipe: [ssba]
A natural salad dressing like the one we use on this detox salad will keep well in a cool place for a week or more. Note if you keep it in the fridge (not necessary unless your house is very warm) the oil may harden a little, but will liquefy again at room temp.