Chicken Waldorf Salad
A flavourful, hearty, summer salad. Great as a full meal, not just as a side. It can be served on top of mixed greens for a low-carb version or in a wrap to carry you a bit further.
2 large, 4 small servings
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (approximately 2 large breasts)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek style yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted if desired
- A few shakes of curry powder (to taste)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- Cook the chicken breasts – broil or barbeque.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken, apple, celery, nuts and cranberries (optional).
- Stir to coat well.
The flavours are more pronounced after sitting overnight.
Share this Recipe: [ssba]
If your taste buds are inclined to enjoy tart flavours, you can swap the red apple for Granny Smith or Macintosh other variant for a bit more pop.