This salad can be something different every time you make it depending on what vegetables you decide to use. You could also change it up by using Sesame oil and rice vinegar for more of an Asian flavor.
- Broccoli (florets & peeled stem)
- Red onion
- Peppers (red or yellow add nice colour)
- Sunflower seeds
- Ginger or garlic, optional
- Juice of one lemon
- Olive oil (approx 2 tbsp)
- Honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- Chop all vegetables small.
- Blend together dressing ingredients.
- Mix dressing with the chopped vegetables.
This salad increases in flavor as it sits.
Ingredients can be changed depending on what you like. If you want to make a large batch to eat over several days do not add peppers or other soft vegetables until you are going to eat it as they tend to go mushy.